Monday, February 22, 2010

Persuaders Post

Advertising has been around for quite some time whether people have realized it or not. Over the more recent years the amount of advertising has increased dramatically. Think about the Superbowl and how companies spend millions of dollars on a 30 second television commercial. The amount of advertising I see is a lot, possibly too much. I sign on the computer to check my e-mail and I see at least 3 banner advertisements. If I watch a half-hour sitcom on tv only about 22 minutes is actual footage and the rest is commercials, mostly advertisements. I wrote a paper for one of my communications class where I had to interview someone older than me, by at least 20 years and find out the differences between today's communication and then. I interviewed my dad, who is 50 years old. I remember how he told me watching television back than was more enjoyable. The advertisemesnts were not as plentiful and not as abrupt. They were more subdued in expressing their messages. Also, you would very rarely get a tele-marketer to call the house on a daily basis. I beleive in a lot of ways, from a personal perspective, advertisments interfer with people's lives. From a business standpoint, advertisments are extremely critical. It still doesn't change the amount of advertisements we see a day. I think that these numbers will inevtiably continue to increase and the ways in which they execute them will become even more conspicuous and smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment